Privacy Notice - Version 1.0. November 2020
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect and process data when you:
- Join our newsletter(s) and email list(s)
- Use our website designcareer.co
(or our other related websites, such as separate landing pages) and mobile applications as well as the services, content and other materials that are made available through them and on related third party sites (such a separate online course site or a webinar site).
- Participate in a customer survey, quiz, promotion, contest, or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email or otherwise
- Send us your information or communicate with us either through our site(s) or through third party platforms such as social media sites
- Request customer or other support or otherwise communicate with usTHE KIND OF DATA THAT WE COLLECT
We may collect a variety of information from you, depending on the type of services, products or other purpose in question, including:
- Basic personal information (may include name, email address, etc.)
- Any other kind of data you provide us with through our website or otherwise
- Any other kind of data, if it is needed to provide you with a specific product or service, or if required by law
We collect and use personal data when:
(a) you have made or are considering making a contract with us to use a service or order a product we provide, or when it's necessary for maintaining your customer relationship
(b) you have given us your consent to use your personal data (such as for our newsletter)
(c) it is our legal duty to do so and/or necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, or
(d) it is clearly necessary to pursue a legitimate interest of us (eg. to prevent abuse or loss).HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We collect your data so that we can:
- Make our products and services available to you, such as send our email newsletter to you and provide any other kinds of services or products to you
- Improve our current and future products and services (eg. through feedback questionnaires and surveys)
- Communicate with you about our current and potential future services, products, events, promotions, as well as use the data for other marketing purposes like sending you news and special offers on other products, services and information we think you might like (also including the products and services of our partners)
- Use it for administrative, statistical, bookkeeping or other similar purposesProcess payment information and/or refunds, if necessary
- Provide customer service
- Monitor and analyse activities in connection with our website(s), products and services
- Personalise our website(s), products and services and provide ads and other content that match the user's interests and to provide targeted customer communications
When we (or a third party) process your order, it may be sent to, and also the resulting information used, to credit agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.DATA STORAGE
We store your data for as long as necessary for the purposes for which your data was collected for and used, unless the compelling legislation requires us to store the data for a longer period of time or unless we need the information to prepare, present or defend ourself from claims or other disputes. When the personal data is no longer needed as explained herein, the data is removed within a reasonable amount of time.YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
We want you to be fully aware of all of your data protection rights. You are entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service, unless prohibited by law.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- Withdrawal of consent – You can withdraw a consent you may have given at any given time. In such a case, we may not be able to offer you certain services or products. A withdrawal won't affect the legitimacy of our processing of your personal data based on your previous consent up until the time of withdrawal. Please note that if you are a subscriber to our newsletter, you must unsubscribe not to receive marketing communications anymore.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. In such a case, please contact us: email@example.com
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org
- Understanding and analysing how you use our website
- Keeping you signed in, if you use our platform.
What types of cookies do we use?
The third-party cookies used on our websites are used mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, providing advertisements that are relevant to you, and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience and help speed up your future interactions with our website.
- Functionality & preference – We use these cookies to help certain functionalities, eg. so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in.
- Statistics - These cookies store information like the number of visitors to the website, the number of unique visitors, which pages of the website have been visited, the source of the visit etc. These data help us understand and analyse how well the website performs and where it needs improvement.
- Behaviour– we use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the pages you’ve visited before you entered our website, time and date of your visit to our site, the links you clicked and followed and information about your browser, device, and log information like your IP address, URL/web requests, access times and viewed pages. We may also store information about your mobile device (such as its model and application information). We sometimes share some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and you can also remove cookies from your browser. However, in some cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.OTHER WEBSITES
This Privacy Notice applies only to us. To the extent that our website contains links to third party websites, no responsibility or liability for the content of such websites is accepted.CONTACT US
We are here for you! If you have any questions about our Privacy Notice, the data we store, or if you would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we have not addressed your concerns in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Finnish Information Commissioner’s Office. Email: email@example.com
. Address: PL 800, 00521 HelsinkiCHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review and place any updates on this webpage. This Privacy Notice was last updated on 05 November 2020.